Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A New Ice Age? Colorado Ski Resorts Trading in Snow for Sand...

This story makes me feel a chill.

Take note those of you who are convinced that global warming will soon make Colorado ski resorts beaches in the next decade

Front and center in today's Denver Post is a "chilling" article chronicling the demise of the coal-fired boiler at the k-12 public school in Silverton. I am not sure how many of you have ever ventured through this beautiful mountain town, nestled high in the San Juan mountains of southern Colorado. But, I have been there and I can tell you that its cold there even in the summer.

My point in all of this is not to make light of shivering kids dressed in parkas in their classrooms.

But, my point here is to shed a little reality in the midst of the global warming hysteria. This town has had record snowfall (roof-high according to several locals) this year.

Perhaps, we should put away the sun tan lotion and buy a snow shovel?

No comments: