Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Belly-Button Factor

For all the things that separate us as humans, one small item unites every human being- your belly button.

This year, Colorado voters will have a historic opportunity to define the beginning of life in the November election. Recently, our friends at Colorado Equal Rightssuccessfully placed a proposed constitutional amendment defining life on the November ballot.

Their goal: To see that the Colorado's state constitution is amended to include pre-born from the moment of fertilization as having their "person hood" clearly established, so that they may enjoy equal protection under the law.

We heartily endorse this measure for many reasons. The one that stands out though is this- life begets life. When life becomes cheap, society suffers. Recognizing and conferring person hood status on unborn humans validates life.

By the way, Psalms affirms unborn person hood. Check out Psalm 139:14-16...For you created my inmost being: you knit me together in my mother's womb. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. Your eyes saw my unformed body."

No comments: