Thursday, May 17, 2007

Some Thoughts About Sex...

Okay, nobody may see it but you know you are smiling. Sex just does that to us. While I am no sexologist, I am human, a guy and sex is frankly, very appealing. And I am a Christian too...

Christian sex is radically exclusive. Our sex-crazed culture is anything but exclusive. Yet, despite our "sexual freedom" and stimulation, most people are unfilled. Sex outside of marriage is horribly destructive. An ancient parable states that "sex outside of marriage saps a man's soul."

I am not a prude or Elmer Gantry, but only a realist who sees the brokeness of a culture where sex runs out of the banks.

There's a better way.

You see, God archicted sex to be an exlusive bond between a man and a woman. Its a holy convenant. Its an act of love towards your wife or spouse. My wife is the focus on my desires. At the core of our relaitonship is a soulish intimacy no one else has with either of us.

Its a giving away of oneself to another...

No comments: