Thursday, January 03, 2008

Your Position in 2008

Happy New Year!

The older I get the faster the years go by. I am convinced of thus fact. But I have also noticed that the older I get the more concerned I am about being in a good position, whether it be financial, professional, spiritual or relational.

But as I think about it, I don't think that's what God wants first from me, at least not at the start. A shift in the "winds of life" could change my position(s) pretty quick.

A subtle danger lurks when we attempt to position ourselves by promoting our own merits and abilities. Overtly, it sets up a dangerous trap for us- to make the "means to an end" the endgame when it shouldn't be so. Covertly, it takes God out of the equation. There is nothing wrong in using our God-given gifts and skills to accomplish the mission God has given each of us in life. But it can be subtly twisted.

I have come to believe that God doesn't care about our position in this life. What matters most to God is our heart. What wants from us is a position based on Him, that is a by product of our life and not a way to promote ourselves without God.

Check out Proverbs 27:2.."let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips."

Your thoughts.

No comments: