Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Curse of Immodesty

This one may get me in trouble with a whole lot of women, but I have had enough of it!

Let me preface my comments by saying that I am the father of one and nearly another one. But, today was the last straw.

As a colleague and I were having lunch in the local Chipotle, in walked examples "a, b and c." Let me give you the profile: 1- teenage girls; 2- age 14 to 16; 3-immodestly dressed (defined as painted on clothing with more private parts showing than not); and 4, clueless to their standing.

A generation ago, examples a, b and c would have been given a t-shirt by the restaurant owner and their parents would have been called. Today, this is the norm!

As a father of a teenage girl, I am appalled. I would no more allow my daughter to dress this way than I would become an astronaut! Where are our parents, and in particular the parents of these girls?

The answer- likely, either their moms don't care or they dress and act as they do.

Your thoughts?

No comments: